The Municipality is responsible for tax billing. Taxes provide the main source of revenue to deliver services supplied by the Municipality of French River.
Properties are assigned a tax class depending on the use or purpose of each property. Annual tax rates are set and applied to each tax class. The annual budget process determines the taxation rates. The Province of Ontario sets the school board tax rates annually. All tax rates determine the Municipality's property taxes. Your property tax rate equals the current tax rate (municipal and the school boards rates combined), multiplied by the current value assessment of your property determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).
If you have moved or are moving, please complete the Change of Address Form, and submit by the email listed on the form.
To most recent tax related by-laws are listed below.
- 2020 Interim Tax Levy By-law
- 2020 Amend Interim Tax Levy By-law_April 22
- 2020 Tax Ratios
- 2020 Final Tax Levy By-Law
- 2020 Amend Interim Tax Levy By-law_June 17
- 2019 Tax Ratios
- 2019 Interim Tax Levy By-law
- 2019 Final Tax Levy By-Law
- 2018 Interim Tax Levy By-law
- 2018 Final Tax Levy By-Law
- 2018 Tax Ratios
- 2021 Final Tax Levy By-Law
- 2021 Tax Ratios