Safe Burning Tips
Fire Permit Season is from April 1st - October 31st. Anyone lighting a fire for any purpose other than cooking or warmth must obtain a fire permit. When notified of a Fire Permit cancellation or suspension, you must put out your fire right away.
- Burn at a safe time, evenings is best, never on windy days
- Keep your burning job small enough that you keep it under control at all times
- Never leave a fire un-attended until the fire is out completely
- Drown your fire once it is out to ensure embers don't start up again
Permit terms and conditions
- No Burning between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm
- The amount to be burned at any one time shall not exceed 1 acre or pile
- All slash and land clearing debris shall be in piles or windrows, separated by a distance of 60 feet. Windrows shall be in sections not exceeding 50 feet in length.
Any questions about Safe Burning within our community can be forwarded or answered by the Fire Department
If there is an emergency please dial 911