What is a Complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction relating to the Municipality’s program, service, facility and employees and/or anyone in contravention of a Municipal By-law. Only complaints filled out on the Complaint Form shall be considered formal complaints.
Submit a Complaint
Prior to submitting a complaint determine whether your matter is either a request for service, inquiry, suggestion or complaint, for definitions please review the complaint policy.
The written complaint must include the following information:
- Specific details of what happened;
- Details of, where it occur, who was involved (if applicable);
- Date and time of occurrence;
- What outcome is being sought, if any; and
- Contact information of the complainant.
(30) business days of receipt of a complaint, a response in writing will be
provided to the complainant and will include:
- Whether the complaint was validated,
- If the complaint is not validated, provide reason(s) for their decision; and,
- Any actions the municipality has or will take as a result of the complaint.
Should you not wish to submit a complaint, you also have the option of submitting an informal Service Request" below:
Do you have a service request or question for the council or staff of French River? Simply fill out the form below and we will be sure to tend to your request at our earliest opportunity:
NOTE: For emergencies please call 911