The Municipality of French River is continually monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and assessing measures to prevent the spread of the virus in our communities while continuing to provide municipal essential services to the public. For information regarding recent news and notices from the Province and Public health Sudbury and Districts please use the following links:
For more information visit:
The following is a summary of how the following Municipal Services are impacted:
The Municipal Office is open to the public, but the Municipality would like to limit community exposure and non-essential visits by encouraging patrons to continue using the alternative methods for municipal services as outlined below:
- Municipal Staff is available by phone, email or by appointment. For a list of municipal contacts, please visit our Staff Directory page.
- Residents who wish to pay their property taxes are encouraged to take advantage of the alternative payment methods outlined on the Property Tax Payment Options page.
- A Drop-box (verified daily) is available outside the main entrance to the Municipal Complex for delivery of documents and/or payments.
Council Meetings are held virtually as scheduled, additional information is available on the Council Agenda & Minutes page.
Building and Planning Services
- Services will continue to be provided by phone, email or by appointment.
- For Building inquiries, please contact Sudbury East Building & By-law Services (SEBBS) at (705) 507-1177 or by email.
- For Planning inquiries, please contact the Sudbury East Planning Board (SEPB) at 1-877-540-7372.
Landfill Site Operations
The number of vehicles entering will be controlled, please expect some delays. For Landfill Hours of Operation, please visit the Waste Management page.
The Library is open but is offering curbside pickup only. Please call 705- 857-1771 for further details.
Municipal Parks, Playgrounds, and Recreational Facilities
Recreation Facilities and the Fitness Centre remain closed at this time.