You can help speed up the process by completing a Building Permit Application and submitting it via email to click here to send email. You can also obtain a paper copy from the Municipal Office or call us if you would like to have one mailed to you.
Typically, a complete submission should include:
- Complete Building Permit Application form.
- Schedule 1 – Designer Information (Homeowners may be exempt from these designer requirements. Please contact the Building Controls Department if you are unsure if this applies to your project).
- Schedule 2 – Sewage System Installer Information (If applicable).
- 2 sets of all plans and specifications, with an architect's/engineer's seal or BCIN from a qualified designer (Please contact the Building Controls Department if you are unsure if this applies to your project).
- Site/Plot Plan which shows the proposed/existing location of the structure in relation to your property.
- Permit fees to be paid at the time of application.
- Additional items may be required (As determined by the Chief Building Official at the time of application).